domingo, 22 de mayo de 2016

What Are The Merits Of An Artist Statement?







Finding out more about you as an artist is very important to art collectors who are considering buying your work, as well as to our own curators when selecting artworks to feature on Saatchi Art.

Your bio should include such information as: where you were born and raised; where you currently live; your education; prizes and awards you've won; exhibitions that you’ve taken part in; and collections (both private and public) that include your work.

The artist statement is a basic description of your works and your reason for creating them. A successful artist statement clearly explains the reason you’ve made your work. ​We recommend that an artist statement be no longer than 200 words.

Some questions to consider:
» What is the subject matter of my work?
» What is my work about?
» How do I make my work?
» Where do I find the images I use?
» How do I want the audience to respond to my work?
» How does my work compare to historical or contemporary artwork?







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario


BLANCA ORAA MOYUA

Archivo del blog